How to Recommend IJIR in UGC Recommended Journal List ?
As per the UGC recent notification, it has compiled a list of recommended journals. UGC has setup a criteria for the inclusion and IJIR firmly satisfy that criteria but as UGC list is dynamic in nature and inclusion/exclusion happen on regular basis. If you are the reviewers/editors/authors of any of the IJIR , please make sure that your quality journal gets recommended by your university from time to time so that the journal gets its due place in the said list.
For this, you may submit the journal information to the Chairman of the Expert Committee of your university through the Head/Dean of your department.
- Click Here for Downloading Journal Information
- Click Here for detailed Procedure about Recommending Journal to UGC
- Click Here to know the IJIR eligibility criteria for Inclusion in UGC
Faculty, Researchers and Staff
Individual faculty, researchers and staff members are required to do the followings to recommend inclusion of journals in the existing UGC-approved List of Journals:
- Fill-in check-list for each journal recommended for inclusion in the UGC-approved List of Journals given in. ( Filled IJIR Checklist For Download Available Here)
Submit your request to the head of the Department for his / her recommendation. The list of journal(s) along with checklist filled-in for each journal duly recommended by the Head of the Department should be forwarded to Academic Journal Expert Committee for further necessary action.
Universities are required to do the followings to recommend inclusion of journals in the existing UGC-approved List of Journals:
- Appoint an Academic Journal Expert Committee at University-level with a senior Professor, Associate Professor as its chairman;
- Ask Chairman of the Academic Journal Expert Committee to register himself / herself at http://www.ugc.ac.in/journallist/newuser.aspx. While registering, upload notification on your appointment as Chairman of the Journal Academic Expert Committee.
- On successful verification and validation of your registration by the UGC officials, you will receive an e-mail from the UGC conveying its approval and inviting you to login into the portal designed for recommending additional journals to the UGC-approved List of Journals available at: http://www.ugc.ac.in/journallist/user_login.aspx. This process may take 24 to 48 hours.
Once logged-in, fill-in the check-list given in Appendix I for each journal recommended for inclusion in the UGC-approved List of Journals.
Note : All the information needed to fill in following form is available here Click Here for Downloading Journal Information
UGC’s Standing Committee on Notification of Journals
- UGC’s Standing Committee on Notification of Journals would examine the list of journals submitted by universities for inclusion in the UGC-approved List of journals.
- Journals selected for inclusion based on the criteria mentioned in the check-list would be included in the UGC’s list of approved journals.
- Decision taken by UGC’s Standing Committee on Notification of Journals would be communicated to the respective university.